• Born to Lucious and Jessie Selmon in Eufaula, Oklahoma; the youngest of nine children.
• Graduates Eufaula H.S.; National Honor Society Member. • Attends University of Oklahoma, Athletic Scholarship.
• Outland Trophy Winner. • Vince Lombardi Award. • Led the Sooners in tackles with 132 and finished with 324 career tackles. • Graduates University of Oklahoma, B.A. in Special Education.
• Number one pick of the 1976 NFL draft. • First-ever draft pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. • Named Big Eight Athlete of the Year.
• Chosen as one of America's Ten Outstanding Young Men by the U.S. Jaycees. • Key member of NFC Central Division Champs. • NFL Defensive Lineman of the Year. • Selected All-Pro. • First All-League Selection.
• Selected All-Pro. • Buccaneer (Miller Brewing Company) Man of the Year. • Kiwanis Citizen of the Year (District 8 - Florida West Coast).
• Key member of NFC Central Division Champs. • Named NFL Defensive Player of the Year.
• Selected All-Pro. • "Service to Mankind" Award by the Hillsboro Sertoma Club.
• Selected to play in Pro Bowl, NFC Team. • Selected All-Pro, All-NFC.
• Retires from professional football. • Career stats: 78 1/2 sacks, 380 quarterback pressures, forced 28 1/2 fumbles, recovered 10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers all-time leader in starts (118), #63 jersey only one retired by the Buccaneers.
• Inducted College Football Hall of Fame
• Joined University of South Florida (USF) as Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs; spearheading effort to commence intercollegiate football.
• Inducted into the GTE Academic All-America Hall of Fame
• Inducted into NFL Hall of Fame; the first former Sooner and the only Tampa Bay Buccaneer to date
• Partners with Outback Steakhouse to open the first ever Lee Roy Selmon's Restaurant in Tampa, Florida.
• Partners with Chris Sullivan and Bob Basham to purchase Lee Roy Selmon’s, privately owned. • First Inductee into the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ring of Honor. • Honored in Oklahoma Hall of Fame.